Development of a Safe Manipulator using Spring-Clutches
- Development of a Safe Manipulator using Spring-Clutches
- 홍성훈; 최준호; 이우섭; 강성철; Hyeongcheol Lee
- Inherent safety; Collision safety; Safety mechanism; Safety component; Spring-clutch; Gravity compensator
- Issue Date
- 2013 13th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2013)
- , 1811-1814
- For physical safety of a service robot, various safe mechanisms have been studied and developed. Most researches
on safety concentrated on safe joint component, and experimental results in situations that the safety component
is well-functioned in 1 joint level. In cases of multi-axis, however, there exist many constraints when the safe component
is mounted to the multi-axis manipulator, for example, the weight and/or volume of the component, the degradation of
the safety performance due to the influence of the gravity as the pose of manipulator. So, it is realistically difficult to
develop the manipulator with the safety component. This paper presents a safe manipulator with safety component at
each joint to overcome practical limitations. Through experiments of unconstrained and constrained collision, it is shown
that a new safe manipulator is mechanically safe.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.