"pH phoresis": A New Concept That Can Be Used for Improving Drug Delivery to Tumor Cells
- "pH phoresis": A New Concept That Can Be Used for Improving Drug Delivery to Tumor Cells
- 원유연; Hoyoung Lee
- Drug delivery; Tumor; Cancer; pH; Nanoparticle; Polyamine
- Issue Date
- Journal of controlled release
- VOL 170, NO 3, 396-400
- We propose a new concept describing how nanoparticles composed of weak polybases (such as polyamines) would behave when they are exposed to a pH gradient; weak polybase-containing particles will tend to accumulate preferentially in low pH regions under a pH gradient environment. This phenomenon, which we term “pH phoresis”, may provide a useful mechanism for improving the delivery of drugs to cancer cells in solid tumor tissues.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.