Realizing broadbands of strong nonlinear coupling in nanoelectromechanical electron shuttles
- Realizing broadbands of strong nonlinear coupling in nanoelectromechanical electron shuttles
- 김철기; Marta Prada; Gloria Platero; Robert H. Blick
- NEMS; Coulomb blockade; electron shuttles
- Issue Date
- Physical review letters
- VOL 111, NO 19, 197202-1-197202-5
- We demonstrate the transition of a coupled electron shuttle from a stable to a strongly nonlinear response at room temperature. Within this transition we observe the coupled shuttle’s response to change from Coulomb controlled to conventional field emission. This parametric process is fully reversible and occurs within a broad frequency range. In combination, the large current and wide frequency band enable energy harvesting applications. The experimental data and the numerical calculations both indicate that the source of the nonlinearity is given by the electromechanical coupling of electron shuttling.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.