Phosphorus removal from wastewater by ionic exchange using a surface-modified Al alloy filter
- Phosphorus removal from wastewater by ionic exchange using a surface-modified Al alloy filter
- 서영익; 홍기호; 김세훈; 창덕; 이규환; 김영도
- Mesoporous film; Aluminum hydroxide; Alkali surface modification; Phosphorus removal; Ionic exchange
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing
- VOL 19, NO 3, 744-747
- In this study, a cost-effective and eco-friendly route for removal of phosphate in wastewater was demonstrated using an Al alloy foam filter with a mesoporous aluminum hydroxide (Al(OH3) film. The mesoporous Al(OH)3 film on which the ion exchange and adsorption of phosphate occur was generated using a simple alkali surface modification process. For higher phosphate removal by the surface-modified Al alloy foam filter, the number of filters was increased up to 20, which achieved 90% phosphate removal within a very short contact time. As a recycling process, a second alkali surface modification was applied to the used filter after phosphate adsorption. It clearly indicated that the used filter can be recycled via a second alkali surface modification due to the ion exchange mechanism. It was shown that an alkali surface-modified Al alloy foam filter is a powerful candidate for phosphate removal in water treatment facilities.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.