PDMS-MWCNT nanocomposite actuators using silicone functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes via nitrene chemistry
- PDMS-MWCNT nanocomposite actuators using silicone functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes via nitrene chemistry
- Santosh Kumar Yadav; 김일진; 김현지; 김주훈; 홍순만; 구종민
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry. C, Materials for optical and electronic devices
- VOL 1, NO 35, 5463-5470
- We demonstrate that covalently functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) with a silicone copolymer via nitrene chemistry can be used as efficient conductive fillers for silicone dielectric elastomer actuators. The MWCNTs were covalently functionalized with poly(azidopropylmethyl)-co-(dimethylsiloxane) (silicone-N3) bearing an azide group through a nitrene addition reaction. The incorporation of a small amount of the uniformly silicone grafted MWCNTs (silicone-g-MWCNTs) in silicone dielectric elastomer strongly enhanced the mechanical, dielectric, and electromechanical properties of the resulting nanocomposites. This reinforcing effect is attributed to the homogeneous dispersion of silicone-g-MWCNTs in the silicone elastomer matrix due to the large degree of compatibility between the matrix and the passivation layers of the functionalized MWCNT.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.