Steam Reforming of Glycerol Over Nano Size Ni-Ce/LaAlO3 catalysts
- Steam Reforming of Glycerol Over Nano Size Ni-Ce/LaAlO3 catalysts
- 김성학; 고유진; 박남국; 김정호; 김영철; 문동주
- Glycerol; Hydrogen Production; Nickel; Cerium; Steam Reforming
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 15, NO 1, 522-526
- In this work, hydrogen production from glycerol by Steam Reforming (SR) was studied by Ni–Ce catalysts supported on LaAlO3 perovskite in order to effect of the cerium loading amount and the reaction conditions. Nano size Ni–Ce/LaAlO3 catalysts were prepared by precipitation method. The structure of the catalysts was characterized by XRD analysis. The morphology, dispersion and the reduction properties of catalysts was examined by SEM, TEM, H2-chemisorption and TPR, respectively. It was found that 15 wt% Ni-5 wt% Ce/LaAlO3 catalyst showed the highest glycerol conversion and hydrogen selectivity. In addition, the catalyst also showed the high carbon dioxide selectivity and the lowest methane selectivity. The results indicate that the catalyst promotes methane reforming reaction. The highest activity in the 15 wt% Ni–5 wt% Ce/LaAlO3 was attributed to the proper cerium loading amount. Moreover, the lowest metal crystal size and rise in active site were found to have an effect on catalytic activity and hydrogen selectivity. The 15 wt% Ni–5 wt% Ce/LaAlO3 catalyst exhibited excellent performance with respect to hydrogen production at reaction temperature of 450 C, at atmospheric pressure, 20 wt% glycerol solution and GHSV = 6,000 mL/ g-cat ·hr.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.