The Influence of Promoter on Ni(15)/La(5)/γ-Al2O3 catalyst in CO2-Steam Reforming of Methane to Syngas at High Pressure
- The Influence of Promoter on Ni(15)/La(5)/γ-Al2O3 catalyst in CO2-Steam Reforming of Methane to Syngas at High Pressure
- 옥혜정; 박명희; 문동주; 김정호; 박남국; 김영철
- Methane; Steam Carbon Dioxide Reforming; SCR; Ni; Catalyst
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 15, NO 1, 449-453
- Catalysts were investigated with respect to catalytic activity and coke formation in combined steam and carbon dioxide reforming of methane to develop a highly active and stable catalyst for gas to liquid processes. Ni/La–X/Al2O3 (X = Co, Ce, Mo) catalysts were prepared by an impregnation method. The combined steam and carbon dioxide reforming of methane reaction were studied as a function of high pressure (20 bar) in a fixed bed reactor system. X-ray diffraction, BET surface area, and H2-temperature programmed reduction were used to observe the characteristics of the prepared catalysts. Coke formation of used catalysts was examined by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy and the coke amount of used catalysts was measured by thermo gravimetric analysis. Catalysts with smaller particle size had a higher temperature of reduction, which had a positive effect on catalytic activity. The improvement in active site rise and dispersion and the lowest metal crystal size had an effect on catalyst activity. As a result, the Ni/La–Co/Al2O3 catalyst showed the highest activity at a reaction temperature of 800 C and a reaction pressure of 20 bar.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.