Nanoindentation study for deformation twinning of magnesium single crystal
- Nanoindentation study for deformation twinning of magnesium single crystal
- J.-H. Shin; S.-H. Kim; T.K. Ha; K.H. Oh; 최인석; H.N. Han
- Magnesium; Transmission electron microscopy; Nanoindentation; Single crystalline; Twin
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 68, NO 7, 483-486
- The small-scale deformation behavior of single-crystalline Mg was investigated using nanoindentation combined with transmission electron microscopy observation. The nanoindentation on both basal and second-order prismatic planes activated the tensile twin system at different positions. The concept of twin-favorable zones was chosen to explain the tensile twin formation by indentation on both basal and prismatic planes. Besides 〈c + a〉 dislocation, this study proves that the tensile twin formation plays a role in accommodating the strain induced by the nanoindentation of single-crystalline Mg.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.