Flow Field in Volute for Various Operating Conditions of Centrifugal Compressor
- Flow Field in Volute for Various Operating Conditions of Centrifugal Compressor
- 강경준; 신유환; 김광호; 이윤표
- Centrifugal Compressor; PIV; Volute; 원심압축기; 입자영상속도계; 벌류트
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회논문집B; Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B
- VOL 37, NO 5, 531-538
- The primary function of centrifugal compressor volute is to flow from the impeller and diffuser to the pipe system. The strength of the scroll vortex and flow pattern in the volute vary with the operating point. This is largely caused by the interaction between the impeller and the volute flow fields. The recirculation flow around the tongue and the scroll vortex can be used to understand the characteristics of the volute flow at off-design points. The present study aims to find the characteristics of a flow pattern in the diffuser and volute of a centrifugal compressor from the rectangular cross section of the volute. Measurements are carried out using PIV. The results obtained in this study show that the separation region around the tongue is reduced and that the recirculation flow increases as the flow coefficient decreases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.