Service Robot for the Elderly
- Service Robot for the Elderly
- 김민성; 김순태; 박수용; 최문택; 김문상; Gomaa, Hassan
- intellence; architecture; service robot; Software engineering; object oriented methods; modeling
- Issue Date
- IEEE robotics & automation magazine / IEEE Robotics & Automation Society
- VOL 16, NO 1, 34-45
- Our aim is to develop the service robot based on a systematic software engineering method, particularly for real-time, embedded and distributed systems with UML. To do so, we applied the COMET method, which is a UML-based method for the development of concurrent applications, specifically distributed and real-time applications. We describe our experience of applying the COMET/UML method to developing the service robot for the elderly, T-Rot, which is under development at CIR. Here, our emphasis was on an autonomous navigation system for the service robot, which is one of the most challenging issues and is essential in developing service robots, especially mobile service robots to help elderly people. It includes hardware integration for various sensors and actuators as well as software development and integration of modules like a path planner and a localizer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.