Synthesis of Amphiphilic Star Polymer Catalyst for Photo-oxidation Reaction
- Synthesis of Amphiphilic Star Polymer Catalyst for Photo-oxidation Reaction
- 김지은; 조계룡; 최재우; 최동훈; 이상협; 백경열
- Star polymer; Amphiphilic; Catalyst; Photooxidation
- Issue Date
- 2013년 한국고분자학회 춘계학술대회
- Methacrylate based amphiphilic star block copolymers with Pd-porphyrin cores were synthesized by Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization (ATRP).For this, aphotosensitive porphyrin was modified as a multifunctional initiator and then a palladium was introduced into the porphyrin center. MMA (methyl metacrylate) was first polymerized from the Pd-porphyrin multifunctional initiator by Ru-based ATRP system to give PMMA star polymer and then PEGMA (poly(ethylene glycol) methyl ether methacrylate) was added to synthesize PMMA-PPEGMA star block copolymer with narrow polydsipersities (PDI < 1.xx). Theseamphiphlic star block copolymerswithPd-porphyrin coreswere then examined as polymeric photo-catalysts in water (or methanol), where hydrophobic substrates were concentrated into the hydrophobic inner block segments and then reacted with singlet oxygen (1O2)generated by the Pd-porphyrincore under UV (or visible light) irradiation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.