Synthesis of an Active and Stable Ptshell-Pdcore/C Catalyst for the Electro-oxidation of Methanol
- Synthesis of an Active and Stable Ptshell-Pdcore/C Catalyst for the Electro-oxidation of Methanol
- 최인수; 안상현; Myeong Ho Kim; 권오중; 김재정
- PlatinumshellePalladiumcore; Catalyst; Methanol; Oxidation; Carbon monoxide-poisoning; Direct methanol fuel cell
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 39, NO 8, 3681-3689
- A Ptshell–Pdcore/C catalyst is prepared via electroless deposition and galvanic displacement. The catalyst is active toward the electro-oxidation of methanol and is more stable against COad-poisoning than a commercial Pt/C catalyst. The stable activity of Ptshell–Pdcore/C is ascribed to the tuned electronic property of the Pt over-layer in the Ptshell–Pdcore/C, which leads to weak binding with COad and increases the kinetics of OHad formation. The weakened binding property of the surface Pt with COad and the facile oxidation of COad by OHad were confirmed by a spectroscopic analysis and in a COad-stripping experiment, respectively. The electro-oxidation of COad by OHad is the rate-determining step of methanol oxidation. Therefore, the accelerated formation of OHad contributes to the overall oxidation reaction, preventing COad-poisoning. In addition, Ptshell–Pdcore/C maintains its activity longer than Pt/C does during a prolonged cycle experiment.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.