Temperature dependent band gap in PbX (X = S, Se, Te)
- Temperature dependent band gap in PbX (X = S, Se, Te)
- Zachary M. Gibbs; 김형철; Heng Wang; Robert L. White; Fivos Drymiotis; Massoud Kaviany; G. Jeffrey Snyder
- Chalcogenide; Semiconductor; Thermoelectrics; Band gap; Solid-state physics
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 103, NO 26, 262109-1-262109-5
- PbTe is an important thermoelectric material for power generation applications due its high
conversion efficiency and reliability. Its extraordinary thermoelectric performance is attributed to band convergence of the light L and heavy ∑ bands. However, the temperature at which these bands converge is disputed. In this letter, we provide direct experimental evidence combined with ab initio calculations that confirm an increasing optical gap up to 673K and predict a band convergence temperature of 700 K, much higher than previous measurements showing saturation and band convergence at 450K.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.