Versatile Coating of Lithium Conductive Li2TiF6on Over-lithiated Layered Oxide in Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Versatile Coating of Lithium Conductive Li2TiF6on Over-lithiated Layered Oxide in Lithium-Ion Batteries
- 최원창; Benayard, Anass; Park, Jin-Hwan; Park, Junho; Doo, Seok-Gwang; Mun, Junyoung
- lithium titanium fluoride; coating; over-lithiated layered oxide; lithium-rich cathode; thermal stability
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica acta
- VOL 117, 492-497
- We demonstrate an easy and versatile approach to modify a cathode-surface with a highly lithium–ionconductive layer by coating it with Li2TiF6. The thin and homogeneous Li2TiF6coating is introduced ontoan over-lithiated layered oxide (OLO, namely Li1.17Ni0.17Co0.1Mn0.56O2) surface via simple co-precipitationat ambient temperature by using Li2CO3and H2TiF6aqueous solutions. The lithium–conductive fluoridecoating is expected to effectively suppress the undesired electrochemical and thermal interfacial reac-tions involving the OLO, which is critical in improving cycle performance and thermal stability. AfterLi2TiF6surface modification, the coated OLO materials showed high rate capability as well as long cycla-bility and improved thermal stability. The crystalline structure and surface microstructure of the preparedOLOs were investigated by X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, and X-ray photoelec-tron spectroscopy. Ultimately, the performances of the assembled lithium ion batteries were thoroughlyinvestigated by electrochemical methods and thermal analysis.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.