Magnetic properties of epitaxial Fe/MgO/InAs(001) thin films
- Magnetic properties of epitaxial Fe/MgO/InAs(001) thin films
- 조정홍; 김경호; 김형준; 장준연; 임상호
- Magnetic; Fe; MgO; inAs; Hysteresis loop; anisotropy
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 115, NO 17, 17C302-1-17C302-3
- The magnetic properties of epitaxial Fe/MgO/InAs(001) thin films are examined, both experimentally and theoretically, and magnetic parameters are extracted by comparing an experimental hysteresis loop with a theoretical one calculated using a total energy equation. Out-of-plane hysteresis loops, measured along various magnetic field directions, indicate the formation of the uniaxial magnetic anisotropy at 30° from the normal of the film plane. The strength of the first-order cubic magnetocrystalline anisotropy is determined to be 6 × 104 erg/㎤, which is an order of magnitude weaker than that of bulk Fe, probably because of a large lattice mismatch between Fe and MgO (~4.2%). The strength of the uniaxial magnetic anisotropy (9.6 × 104  erg/㎤) is on the same order of magnitude as that of the magnetocrystalline anisotropy. The parameters extracted from the out-of-plane hysteresis loop are then used to calculate the remanence ratios of in-plane hysteresis loops along various magnetic field directions. Good agreement is observed between the two sets of results, indicating the reliability of the extracted parameters.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.