Versatile Size and Shape Microlens Arrays With High Numerical Apertures
- Versatile Size and Shape Microlens Arrays With High Numerical Apertures
- 이현주; 김양희; 윤의성; 조일주
- Glass reflow; high numerical aperture; microlens arrays; replication method
- Issue Date
- Journal of microelectromechanical systems : a joint IEEE and ASME publication on microstructures, microactuators, microsensors, and microsystems
- VOL 23, NO 4, 771-773
- We present close-packed microlens arrays (MLAs) with high numerical aperture (NA) over a large range of dimensions based on glass blowing process and replication method. Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) MLAs with diameters from 50 μm to 1 mm and a high NA of 0.37 (maximum achievable NA for a PDMS plano-convex lens) are demonstrated, which are difficult to achieve with the conventional methods for large microlenses. In addition, MLAs with various fill-factors
up to 96.1% and different base shapes are demonstrated. By adjusting the cavity depth and the chamber pressure, the ratio of sag height and diameter can be further adjusted.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.