Immune-stimulating Effects of Polygonum aviculare L. Extract on Macrophages
- Immune-stimulating Effects of Polygonum aviculare L. Extract on Macrophages
- 전창배; 김영훈; Dulamjav Batsuren; Jigjidsuren Tunsag; 노주원; 판철호; 이재권
- Polygonum aviculare L.; macophage; cytokine; inflammation
- Issue Date
- VOL 57, NO 6, 394-399
- In this study we demonstrated whether the extract of Polygonum aviculare L. (PAE) can be applied to the immune-stimulating responses in macrophages (Raw 264.7 cells). Cell viability was determined by WST-8 assay, and all four doses of PAE (5, 10, 20, and 40 μg/ml) had no significant cytotoxicity during the entire experimental period. PAE increased the production of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and nitric oxide (NO), and mRNA expressions and protein levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines(tumor necrotic factor (TNF)-α, interleukin (IL)-1β and IL-6) in the same cells. These immune-stimulating activities of PAE were found to be caused by the stimulation of NFκB signal and phosphorylation of MAP kinases (p38, ERK and JNK).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.