Nanofluidic Sustainable Energy Conversion Using a 1D Nanofluidic Network
- Nanofluidic Sustainable Energy Conversion Using a 1D Nanofluidic Network
- 김상희; 곽승민; 한성일; 천동원; 이규형; 김진석; 이정훈
- Energy Harvesting; Streaming Potential; Nanofluidic
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 14, NO 5, 3786-3789
- We propose a 1-dimensional (1D) nanofluidic energy conversion device by implementing a surfacepatterned Nafion membrane for the direct energy conversion of the pressure to electrical power. By implementing a ∼200-nm-thick nano-bridge with a 5-nm pore size between two microfluidic channels, we acquired an effective streaming potential of 307 mV and output power of 94 pW with 0.1 mM KCl under pressure difference of 45 MPa. The experimental results show both the effects of applied pressure differences and buffer concentrations on the effective streaming potential, and are consistent with the analytical prediction.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.