Indoor unit fault detector for a multi-split VRF system in heating mode
- Indoor unit fault detector for a multi-split VRF system in heating mode
- 신영기; 강상우; 김서영
- FDD (fault detection and diagnosis); Heat exchanger fouling; State observer; Multi-split; VRF (variable refrigerant flow); Heat pump
- Issue Date
- International journal of refrigeration
- VOL 40, 152-160
- A multi-split VRF system operates unsteadily most of time due to the constantly varying
refrigerant flow rates of associated indoor units. VRF systems require a different approach
from conventional techniques to detect faults, which have developed based on steadystate
operations. In this paper, two fault detection techniques are proposed. Their advantage is that they do not require the test data to be preprocessed to obtain steady-state data. The first technique is applied to detect heat exchanger fouling by a state observer, and the other technique is used to detect valve sticking by temperature variance. These techniques were not chosen haphazardly but were derived from physical reasoning. Their validity was confirmed by test data. The methodology developed in this study can be applied similarly to other HVAC equipment that operates mostly in transient states.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.