Mechanochemical Synthesis of Li2MnO3 Shell/LiMO2 (M = Ni, Co, Mn) Core-Structured Nanocomposites for Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Mechanochemical Synthesis of Li2MnO3 Shell/LiMO2 (M = Ni, Co, Mn) Core-Structured Nanocomposites for Lithium-Ion Batteries
- 노재교; 김수; 김해식; 최원창; 장원영; 변동진; 조병원; 정경윤
- Mechanochemical Synthesis; Li2MnO3; LiMO2; Nanocomposites; Core-Shell
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 4, 4847-1-4847-9
- Core/shell-like nanostructured xLi2MnO3·(1−x)LiMO2 (M = Ni, Co, Mn) composite cathode materials are successfully synthesized through a simple solid-state reaction using a mechanochemical ball-milling process. The LiMO2 core is designed to have a high-content of Ni, which increases the specific capacity. The detrimental surface effects arising from the high Ni-content are countered by the Li2MnO3 shell, which stabilizes the nanoparticles. The electrochemical performances and thermal stabilities of the synthesized nanocomposites are compared with those of bare LiMO2. In particular, the results of time-resolved X-ray diffraction (TR-XRD) analyses of xLi2MnO3·(1−x)LiMO2 nanocomposites as well as their differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) profiles demonstrate that the Li2MnO3 shell is effective in stabilizing the LiMO2 core at high temperatures, making the nanocomposites highly suitable from a safety viewpoint.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.