Side chains contributions to characteristics of resistive memory based on water-soluble polyfluorenes: Effects of structure and length of side pendant group
- Side chains contributions to characteristics of resistive memory based on water-soluble polyfluorenes: Effects of structure and length of side pendant group
- 이승훈; 오승환; 지용성; 김주환; 강리라; 김동윤; 이세현; 여준석; Ning Lu; Moon J. Kim; 고흥조; 김태욱; 노용영; 김동유
- Organic resistive memory; Bipolar switching; Water-soluble polyfluorene; Ethylene oxide side chain; Conjugated polyelectrolyte
- Issue Date
- Organic electronics
- VOL 15, NO 6, 1290-1298
- This paper investigates the effects of side chains, which are important structural constituents, on the characteristics of organic resistive memory devices with water-soluble polyfluorene (WPF) derivatives. The WPF derivatives have either an ethylene oxide (EO) or an alkyl side chain the lengths of the EO side chains are 2, 4, or 6 molecules. WPFs exhibit typical bipolar switching behaviors with reliable non-volatile characteristics and good device-to-device uniformity under ambient conditions. WPFs with the EO side chains showed better memory characteristics than those of the alkyl side chains of similar length. In addition, as the EO unit lengthened, the ON/OFF ratio of the memory device gradually increased from 5 × 102 to 105, and the threshold voltage (Vth) progressively decreased from 4 to 3.5 V. The retention times for WPF-hexyl, WPF-2O, WPF-4O, and WPF-6O are 104, 200, 104, and 104 s, respectively. The excellent switching properties of WPF-4O and WPF-6O are believed to be mainly attributed to highly localized current pathways and the low trap density.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.