Synthesis and Characterization of Fluorene-Based Polybenzimidazole Copolymer for Gas Separation
- Synthesis and Characterization of Fluorene-Based Polybenzimidazole Copolymer for Gas Separation
- 한준영; 이주연; 김형준; 김만호; 한수경; 장종현; 조은애; 유성종; 헨켄스마이어디억
- Polybenzimidazole; Polymer membrane; Gas separation; copolymers; membranes; separation techniques
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied polymer science
- VOL 131, NO 15, 40521-1-40521-9
- The purpose of this study is to develop new cardo-polybenzimidazole (CPBI) copolymers containing cardo fluorene, with improved gas permeability, specifically oxygen permeability. The characteristics of these copolymers are investigated by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance, 1H and 13C), thermo-gravimetric analysis, and wide-angle X-ray diffraction. These membranes fabricated from copolymers have relatively high oxygen diffusion coefficients, determined using gas permeation. In particular, the CPBI-co91 (synthesized by using the monomers ratio containing dibenzoic acid = 9 : 1) membrane have oxygen permeability coefficient (PO2) of 10.69 Barrer, theoretical selectivity of 5.4 for oxygen to nitrogen, and O2 diffusion coefficient of 9.64 × 10−8 cm2/s.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.