Dynamic temperature response of electrocaloric multilayer capacitors
- Dynamic temperature response of electrocaloric multilayer capacitors
- 권범진; 노임준; 백승협; 김성근; 김진상; 강종윤
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 104, NO 21, 213902-1-213902-4
- We measure and model the dynamic temperature response of electrocaloric (EC) multilayer capacitors (MLCs) which have been recently highlighted as novel solid-state refrigerators. The MLC temperature responses depend on the operation voltage waveform, thus we consider three types of voltage waveforms, which include square, triangular, and trapezoidal. Further, to implement an effective refrigeration cycle, the waveform frequency and duty cycle should be carefully chosen. First, our model is fitted to the measurements to evaluate an effective EC power and thermal properties, and calculates an effective cooling power for an EC MLC. The prediction shows that for a MLC with a thermal relaxation time for cooling, trc , a square voltage waveform with a duty cycle of 0 < d ≤ 0.3 and a period of trc  < P ≤ 1.4trc provides the maximum cooling power. This work will help to improve the implementing methods for EC refrigeration cycles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.