Fabrication and evaluation of nickel cobalt alloy electrocatalysts for alkaline water splitting
- Fabrication and evaluation of nickel cobalt alloy electrocatalysts for alkaline water splitting
- Sung Hoon Hong; 안상현; 최인수; 표성규; 김형준; 장종현; 김수길
- Alkaline water splitting; Hydrogen evolution reaction; Alloy deposition; Nickel-Cobalt alloy catalyst
- Issue Date
- Applied surface science
- VOL 307, 146-152
- tAs a catalyst for the hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) in alkaline water splitting, NiCo alloys of variouscompositions were prepared through electrodeposition onto Cu substrates. The composition of each alloycatalyst was varied by controlling the molar ratio of Co2+ ions in the electrolyte. With an increase in theCo content, the morphologies of the NiCo alloys were progressively changed from a round to polygonalshape. The NiCo alloys all exhibited a Ni rich surface, as confirmed by the bulk-to-surface compositionalratio and degree of alloying. The catalytic activities of the NiCo alloys toward the HER of water splittingwere electrochemically tested in a KOH electrolyte, and the specific activities were characterized byconsidering the electrochemical surface areas of Ni and Co. The effect of alloying was demonstrated tobe a significant enhancement of HER activity, resulting from a change in the electronic structures of Niand Co.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.