Synthesis and Sintering of Nanostructured Mg4Al2Ti9O25 by High-Frequency Induction Heating and Its Mechanical Properties
- Synthesis and Sintering of Nanostructured Mg4Al2Ti9O25 by High-Frequency Induction Heating and Its Mechanical Properties
- 강현수; 도정만; 윤진국; 손인진
- compounds; nano-materials; sintering; mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- 한국재료학회지; Korean Journal of Materials Research
- VOL 24, NO 2, 67-72
- Nanocrystalline materials have received much attention as advanced engineering materials with improved physicaland mechanical properties, including high strength, high hardness, excellent ductility and toughness. In this study, nanopowdersof Al2O3, MgO and TiO2 were prepared as starting materials by high energy ball milling for the simultaneous synthesis andsintering of the nanostructured compound Mg4Al2Ti9O25 by high-frequency induction heating process. The highly densenanostructured Mg4Al2Ti9O25 compound was produced within one minute by the simultaneous application of 80MPa pressureand induced current. The sintering behavior, grain size and mechanical properties of the Mg4Al2Ti9O25 compound wereevaluated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.