Synthesis, sintering and conductivity behavior of ceria-doped Scandia-stabilized zirconia
- Synthesis, sintering and conductivity behavior of ceria-doped Scandia-stabilized zirconia
- 다사리하리; 안준성; 안기용; 박선영; 홍종섭; 김형철; 윤경중; 손지원; 이해원; 이종호
- SOFC; Scandia-stabilized-zirconia; Ceria; Electrical conductivity; Glycine-nitrate process
- Issue Date
- Solid state ionics
- VOL 263, 103-109
- In this work, the effect of ceria addition on the phase formations, sinterability and electrical conductivity of 10 mol.% scandia stabilized zirconia (SSZ) is investigated. Ceria co-doped SSZ (SSZ–xCeO2 (x = 0.5, 1.0, 5.0 mol.%)) powders were successfully synthesized by glycine-nitrate process and the electrical conductivity was measured in the temperature range of 600–900 °C. Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) analysis showed that the samples sintered at 1300 °C/3 h are free from impurities such as un-decomposed nitrates, residual water and nitrile intermediates. From the X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis, the sintered samples results revealed that the presence of cubic and rhombohedral β-phases and Raman spectroscopy analysis further revealed the presence and monoclinic and tetragonal phases. From the linear shrinkage spectra, a linear shrinkage of 27% was observed at 1300 °C for SSZ and was decreased with the increase of cerium oxide content. The electrical conductivity has been decreased with the increase of ceria content and the SSZ–0.5CeO2 sample displayed a higher electrical conductivity compared to others indicating that as small as 0.5 mol.% CeO2 doping in SSZ is enough to ensure good conductivity results for its potential application as an electrolyte material in intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.