Extension of measurement range in Brillouin optical correlation domain analysis by pump-probe switching
- Extension of measurement range in Brillouin optical correlation domain analysis by pump-probe switching
- 정지호; 이상배; 전영민; Kwang Yong Song; Je-Myung Jeong; 이관일
- Issue Date
- Applied physics. B, Lasers and optics
- VOL 116, 91-96
- We propose and experimentally demonstrate a novel method for the extension of the measurement range in Brillouin optical correlation domain analysis by switching the pump and probe waves for selectively inducing the stimulated Brillouin scattering (SBS) in the sensing fiber. In this scheme, two correlation peaks are located in the sensing fiber and SBS is alternatively induced at each position by pump/probe selective switching and optical attenuation. In the experiment, twice enlargement of measurement range is successfully achieved with 146-m fiber with a 10-cm spatial resolution.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.