Identification of biomarkers for endometriosis in plasma from patients with endometriosis using a proteomics approach
- Identification of biomarkers for endometriosis in plasma from patients with endometriosis using a proteomics approach
- 황진희; 이규섭; 주종길; 왕타오; 손정빈; 박종하; 황대윤; 최만호; 이홍구
- endometriosis; haptoglobin; plasma; proteomics; biomarkers
- Issue Date
- Molecular Medicine Reports
- VOL 10, NO 2, 725-730
- The present study aimed to examine potential biomarkers for the diagnosis of endometriosis. A plasma-based proteomic approach, including 2-dimentional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry, was used. Samples were obtained from patients with (n=15) and without (n=15) endometriosis, or from mice with surgically induced endometriosis. Seven spots corresponding to six differentially expressed proteins were identified in the human plasma samples. However, only haptoglobin (Hp) was identified to be significantly decreased in the plasma levels of patients with endometriosis (P<0.05) and in mice with surgically induced endometriosis (P<0.05). The results demonstrated that Hp was downregulated in females with endometriosis, and it therefore, may be a useful diagnostic tool as a biomarker of endometriosis.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.