Correlation between nitrite accumulation and the concentration of AOB in a nitritation reactor
- Correlation between nitrite accumulation and the concentration of AOB in a nitritation reactor
- 임지열; 정진영; 배효관; 김대익; 길경익
- Nitrifiaction; 16s rDNA; nitrite accumulation; Recycle water; Nitrite; Ammonia oxidizing bacteria (AOB); Municipal wastewater treatment plant (MWTP); Nitritation
- Issue Date
- Environmental earth sciences
- VOL 72, NO 1, 289-297
- Nitritation is an innovative biological nitrogen removal method in wastewater, and it has the advantages of energy and economy. The correlation between a nitrite conversion rate and the gene copy numbers of ammonia oxidizing bacteria (AOB) in a nitritation reactor was examined to measure the effectiveness of removing a nitrogen content in a biological nitrogen removal process, using a biological process of nitritation. A laboratory scale reactor was prepared and operated for over a year, using digester supernatant to induce a stable nitritation, and to optimize the operational conditions by adjusting various operating factors. The relationship between operational results of nitritation reactor and the AOB gene copies was approximated through identification and quantitative analysis of AOB. A stable nitritation can be artificially led with the control of SRT, while treating anaerobic digester supernatant from MWTPs. And AOB gene copies showed a correlation with free ammonia (FA) inhibition and performance of nitritation, and AOB activity. Thus, AOB gene copies were found important when it comes to analyzing nitritation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.