Scalable synthesis and electrochemical investigations of fluorine-doped lithium manganese spinel oxide
- Scalable synthesis and electrochemical investigations of fluorine-doped lithium manganese spinel oxide
- 이해리; 이보은; 정경윤; 조병원; 이관영; 오시형
- lithium manganese spinel; fluorine doping; electrochemical properties; X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica acta
- VOL 136, 396-403
- A scalable synthesis route for the preparation of fluorine-doped lithium manganese spinel was developed. The effect of 2.5% fluorine doping on the properties of aluminum-doped lithium manganese spinel was investigated by examining the electrochemical performance and structural changes. The electrochemical study indicates that the initial discharge capacity increases by about 5% while other properties, like the capacity retention and rate performance, remain almost unchanged. The structural studies indicate that no impurity phase was formed, along with only little morphological changes and a slight increase in the lattice parameter. The Mn K-edge absorption spectra clearly show that the average manganese oxidation state decreases as a result of fluorine doping and Mn LII,III -edge spectra indicate that the electronic structure of the fluorine-doped spinel changes significantly, which may alleviate the intrinsic structural instability of this material.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.