Effect of Alkali Metal Nitrates on the Ru/C-catalyzed Ring Hydrogenation of m-Xylylenediamine to 1,3-Cyclohexanebis(methylamine)
- Effect of Alkali Metal Nitrates on the Ru/C-catalyzed Ring Hydrogenation of m-Xylylenediamine to 1,3-Cyclohexanebis(methylamine)
- 김영진; 이재혁; Vania Tanda Widyaya; 김훈식; 이현주
- Hydrogenation; m-Xylylenediamine; Ru/C; Alkali metal nitrate
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 35, NO 4, 1117-1120
- Ru/C-catalyzed hydrogenation of m-xylylene diamine into 1,3-cyclohexanebis(methylamine) was greatly accelerated by the presence of LiNO3, NaNO2, or NaNO3. It was found that the effect of the nitrate salt was significantly affected by the size of cation. The promoting effect of the nitrate salt increased with the decrease of the cation size: LiNO3 ~ NaNO3 > KNO3 > CsNO3 >> [1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium]NO3. XRD analysis of the recovered catalysts after the hydrogenation reactions showed that LiNO3 and NaNO3 were completely transformed into LiOH and NaOH, respectively, along with the evolution of NH3, while KNO3 and CsNO3 remained unchanged.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.