Nitrile-functionalized tertiary amines as highly efficient andreversible SO2absorbents
- Nitrile-functionalized tertiary amines as highly efficient andreversible SO2absorbents
- 홍성윤; 김희환; 김영진; 정준교; 정민석; 이현주; 김훈식; 이제승
- SO2; Absorbent; Amine; Nitrile; Recycle
- Issue Date
- Journal of hazardous materials
- VOL 264, 136-143
- Three different types of nitrile-functionalized amines, including 3-(N,N-diethylamino)propionitrile(DEAPN), 3-(N,N-dibutylamino)propionitrile (DBAPN), and N-methyl-N,N-dipropionitrile amine(MADPN) were synthesized, and their SO2absorption performances were evaluated and compared withthose of hydroxy-functionalized amines such as N,N-diethyl-N-ethanol amine (DEEA), N,N-dibutyl-N-ethanol amine (DBEA), and N-methyl-N,N-diethanol amine (MDEA). Absorption–desorption cycleexperiments clearly demonstrate that the nitrile-functionalized amines are more efficient than thehydroxy-functionalized amines in terms of absorption rate and regenerability. Computational calcu-lations with DBEA and DBAPN revealed that DBEA bearing a hydroxyethyl group chemically interactswith SO2through oxygen atom, forming an ionic compound with a covalently bound OSO2−group. Onthe contrary, DBAPN bearing a nitrile group physically interacts with SO2through the nitrogen and thehydrogen atoms of the two methylene groups adjacent to the amino and nitrile functionalities.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.