Catalytic Upgrading of Xylan Over Mesoporous Y Catalyst
- Catalytic Upgrading of Xylan Over Mesoporous Y Catalyst
- 김성수; 전보람; 박성훈; 전종기; 서동진; 김태완; 박영권
- Hemicellulose; Catalytic Pyrolysis; Mesoporous Y Zeolite; Py-GC/MS
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 14, NO 4, 2925-2930
- In-situ catalytic cracking of xylan, a model compound of hemicellulose, was carried out using
pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry over mesoporous Y for the first time. Experiments were conducted at three different temperatures, 400 ℃, 450 ℃, and 500 ℃, to investigate the effect of reaction temperature. Three different biomass-to-catalyst ratios, 1:1, 1:2, and 1:3, were tested at 500 ℃ to examine the effect of catalyst dose. In addition, the catalytic activity of mesoporous Y was compared with that of Al-MCM-41. The catalysts used were characterized by N2 adsorption–desorption, temperature programmed desorption of NH3, and X-ray diffraction. The main pyrolysis products of xylan were acids, hydrocarbons, phenolics, oxygenates, aromatics, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Mesoporous Y, which has acid sites with larger quantity and stronger acidity than those of Al-MCM-41, was shown to enhance the quality of bio-oil to a larger extent, producing a larger quantity of high-value-added products, such as aromatics and furans.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.