BaCeO3-BaZrO3 Solid Solution (BCZY) as a High Performance Electrolyte of Protonic Ceramic Fuel Cells (PCFCs)
- BaCeO3-BaZrO3 Solid Solution (BCZY) as a High Performance Electrolyte of Protonic Ceramic Fuel Cells (PCFCs)
- 안혁순; 신동욱; 최성민; 이종호; 손지원; 김병국; 제해준; 이해원; 윤경중
- Proton conductor; Fuel cell; Electrolyte; BZCY; Stability
- Issue Date
- 한국세라믹학회지; Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society
- VOL 51, NO 4, 271-277
- To overcome the limitations of the solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) due to the high temperature operation, there has been increasing interest in proton conducting fuel cells (PCFCs) for reduction of the operating temperature to the intermediate temperature range. In present work, the perovskite BaCe0.85-xZrxY0.15O3-δ (BCZY, x = 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7) were synthesized via solid state reaction (SSR) and adopted as an electrolyte materials for PCFCs. Powder characteristics were examined using X-ray diffraction (XRD), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and Brunauer, Emmett and Teller (BET) surface area analysis. Single phase BCZY were obtained in all
compositions, and chemical stability was improved with increasing Zr content. Anode-supported cell with Ni-BaCe0.55Z0.3Y0.15 O3-δ (BCZY3) anode, BCZY3 electrolyte and BCZY3-Ba0.5Sr0.5Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ (BSCF) composite cathode was fabricated and electrochemically characterized. Open-circuit voltage (OCV) was 1.05 V, and peak power density of 370 (mW/cm2) was achieved at 650℃.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.