Electrophotonic enhancement of bulk heterojunction organic solar cells through photonic crystal photoactive layer
- Electrophotonic enhancement of bulk heterojunction organic solar cells through photonic crystal photoactive layer
- John R. Tumbleston; 고두현; Edward T. Samulski; Rene Lopez
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 94, 043305-1-043305-3
- We present one- ( 1D) and two-dimensional ( 2D) periodic nanostructured designs for organic
photovoltaics where a photonic crystal is formed between blended poly-3-hexylthiophene/
[ 6,6] -phenyl-C61-butyric acid methyl ester ( P3HT:PCBM) and nanocrystalline zinc oxide.
Absorption enhancements over the full absorption range of P3HT:PCBM of 20% ( one polarization) and 14% are shown for the 1D and 2D structures, respectively. These improvements result in part from band edge excitation of quasiguided modes. The geometries are also shown to create excitons 26% ( 1D) and 11% ( 2D) closer to P3HT:PCBM exit interfaces indicating further photovoltaic improvement.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.