Fabrication of anode-supported protonic ceramic fuel cell with Ba(Zr0.85Y0.15)O3-δ-Ba(Ce0.9Y0.1)O3-δ dual-layer electrolyte
- Fabrication of anode-supported protonic ceramic fuel cell with Ba(Zr0.85Y0.15)O3-δ-Ba(Ce0.9Y0.1)O3-δ dual-layer electrolyte
- 최성민; 이종흔; 안혁순; 홍종섭; 김형철; 윤경중; 손지원; 김병국; 이해원; 이종호
- SOFC; Proton conductor; Dual-layer electrolyte; Sintering additive; BaZrO3; Fuel cells
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 39, NO 24, 12812-12818
- We fabricated a uniquely designed anode-supported-type protonic ceramic fuel cell (PCFC) with a dual-electrolyte layer containing BaCe0.9Y0.1O3−δ (BCY) as the higher-proton-conducting phase and BaZr0.85Y0.15O3−δ (BZY) as the chemically stable protecting phase. In order to overcome the poor sinterability of the BZY electrolytes, which is a critical limitation in making thin and dense dual-electrolyte layers for anode-supported PCFCs, we employed aid-assisted enhanced sintering of BZY by adding 1 mol% of CuO. We also promoted the densification of the BZY layer by utilizing the higher sinterability of BCY that is attached to the top of the BZY layer. By properly adjusting the shrinkage behaviors of both the anode substrate and the dual-electrolyte layers, we were able to fabricate a fairly dense BZY/BCY dual-layer electrolyte with a thickness of less than 20 μm. In this paper, the novel strategies used to fabricate the PCFC based on dual-electrolyte layers are reported.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.