A Monitoring System Architecture and Calculation of Practical Recycling Rate for End-of-Life Vehicle Recycling in Korea
- A Monitoring System Architecture and Calculation of Practical Recycling Rate for End-of-Life Vehicle Recycling in Korea
- 박정환; 이화조; 박면웅; 손영태
- End-of-Life Vehicle; Recycling; Monitoring; Recycling Rate; Standard Recycling Rate database
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology
- VOL 1, NO 1, 49-57
- End-of-life vehicles (ELVs) are important recycling sources, and there are several recycling stages, including dismantling, shredding, and treatment of the automotive shredder residues (ASR). The legal recycling rate should be at least 95% by 2015. To achieve this, a unified system to monitor the recycling of ELV parts and to calculate practical recycling rates is required. This paper describes a web-based monitoring system equipped with the databases for a standard parts list, dismantling & recycling, and standard recycling rate. The system effectively collects dismantling & recycling data, and it calculates a part’s recycling rate based on the collected data. It also facilitates the estimation of a reasonable recycling rate for unreported parts by utilizing a standard recycling rate and respective ratio of treatment. The system is designed and implemented in a Windowsⓡ environment, as part of a research project sponsored by the Ministry of Environment of Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.