Effect of the type of Pt precursor on Pt-Ni nanostructures for electro-oxidation of ammonia
- Effect of the type of Pt precursor on Pt-Ni nanostructures for electro-oxidation of ammonia
- 김행수; 원동신; 이홍기; 유성종; 남기석; 김필
- Nanostructures; Composite materials; Electrochemical techniques; Electrochemical properties
- Issue Date
- Materials chemistry and physics
- VOL 147, NO 3, 722-727
- The properties of Pt–Ni nanostructures were successfully controlled by employing different Pt precursors in the preparation of Pt–Ni nanocomposites, which were synthesized by a co-reducing Pt and Ni precursors. Pt–Ni nanostructures were obtained by leaching Ni species from the Pt–Ni nanocomposite. The use of H2PtCl6 as a precursor yielded aggregated small Pt particles, while [Pt(NH3)4]Cl2 yielded large hollow Pt nanostructures. A possible mechanism leading to the morphological difference between the two structures was suggested. Owing to a higher electrochemically active surface area and a favorable surface structure, hollow Pt nanostructures from the [Pt(NH3)4]Cl2 precursor showed significantly better performance in ammonia oxidation than the aggregated Pt particles resulting from the H2PtCl6 precursor.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.