Effect of process conditions on crystal structure of Al PEO coating. I. Unipolar pulse and coating time
- Effect of process conditions on crystal structure of Al PEO coating. I. Unipolar pulse and coating time
- 김배연; 함재호; 이득용; 전민석; 김용남; 김기윤; 최지원; 김성엽; 김광엽
- PEO; Al; Coating; Crystal structure; Unipolar pulse
- Issue Date
- VOL 24, NO 2, 59-64
- Crystallographic phases of Plasma electrolytic oxidized Al alloy, A1050, were investigated. The electrolyte of PEO was Na2Si2O3 and KOH. Unipolar pulse, 2000 μsec with 400 μsec + 420 V impulse, were applied for 2 min, 5 min, 15 min, and 30 min. γ-Alumina, as well as α-alumina, was main crystal phase. γ-Alumina was appeared in the beginning, then the amount of α-alumina was increased with time, but the amount of γ-alumina remained constant without any increasing. So, it is concluded that plasma gas produce γ-alumina at the first, and then γ-alumina transform α-alumina finally. During the transformation, high temperature of micro plasma gives transformation energy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.