Effect of process conditions on crystal structure of Al PEO coating. II. Bipolar and electrolyte
- Effect of process conditions on crystal structure of Al PEO coating. II. Bipolar and electrolyte
- 김배연; 함재호; 이득용; 전민석; 김용남; 김기윤; 최지원; 김성엽; 김광엽
- PEO; Al; Coating; Crystal structure; Bipolar pulse
- Issue Date
- VOL 24, NO 2, 65-69
- Crystallographic phases of Plasma electrolytic oxidized Al alloy, A1100, A5052, A6061, A6063, A7075, were investigated. Two types of electrolyte Na2Si2O3 and Na2P2O7 were also compared. Bipolar pulse, 2000 μsec with 400 μsec + 420 V impulse and 300 μsec − impulse were applied for 20 min. α-Alumina, γ-alumina, η-alumina, Al4.95Si1.05O9.52, and (Al0.9Cr0.1)2O3 were mainly observed. Si, component of electrolyte, were moved into the PEO layer by bipolar pulse. Glassy phase was also observed at the surface of Na2Si2O3 electrolyte treated PEO layer, and increased with the Mg content of Al alloy. It is concluded that at first glassy phase was formed by the micro plasma, and the high temperature of plasma turns glassy phase to several crystalline phases. And we could expect that many other crystalline phase could be formed by PEO process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.