On-road air pollution characteristics around a day-care center in urban area
- On-road air pollution characteristics around a day-care center in urban area
- 우성호; 이승복; 김경환; 이광재; 류성희; 김종범; 배귀남
- on-road air pollution; mobile laboratory; day-care center; air pollution map
- Issue Date
- Particle and aerosol research; 한국입자에어로졸학회지
- VOL 10, NO 2, 61-75
- Five on-road measurements were made using a mobile laboratory (ML) to characterize spatial and temporal air pollutant distributions over roads around a day-care center in urban area on 30 August 2013. Fixed monitoring was also done near the day-care center using the ML during the periods between on-road measurements. On-road air pollution monitoring route was classified into seven sections and three zones to identify severe polluted roads among many roads having different traffic volumes and directions. Typical pollutants emitted from vehicles such as NOx, black carbon, particle-bound polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and submicron particles including nanoparticles were monitored using real-time instruments. Peak concentration episodes were frequently observed during the on-road measurements and most peaks were simultaneously monitored at four pollutants. Colored on-road air pollution map for each pollutant provides an insight on spatial air pollution distribution, showing heavily polluted roads and sections.
Average on-road NOx concentration of each run was similar to that monitored at the nearest roadside air monitoring station.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.