Unraveling the origin of strain-induced precipitation of M23C6 in the plastically deformed 347 Austenite stainless steel
- Unraveling the origin of strain-induced precipitation of M23C6 in the plastically deformed 347 Austenite stainless steel
- 홍성민; 김명연; 민동준; 이규호; 심재혁; 김동익; 서진유; 정우상; 최인석
- 347 austenite stainless steel; Strain-induced precipitation; Deformation band; α′ Martensite; M23C6 precipitates
- Issue Date
- Materials characterization
- VOL 94, 7-13
- In this research, the phenomenon of strain-induced precipitation of M23 (M = Cr, Fe, Mo) C6 precipitates in 347 austenite stainless steel was systematically studied. During annealing at 650 °C, the experimental results exhibited significantly earlier formation of M23C6 precipitates in the plastically strained specimen, than in the no-strain specimen. The various microstructural characterizations showed that the accelerated formation of M23C6 precipitates occurred around deformation bands that were generated by deformation twinning. Extensive investigation suggested that the strain-induced precipitation of M23C6 is attributed to the formation of strain-induced α′ martensite during plastic deformation near deformation bands.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.