Phase dependent magnetic properties of Ni-Au alloy nanowires
- Phase dependent magnetic properties of Ni-Au alloy nanowires
- Raghupatruni Prasad; Boo Hyun An; 신영민; In Tak Jeon; 서진유; Young Keun Kim; 최인석
- nanowires; phase transformation; magnetic properties
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 116, 86-90
- Binary alloy nanowires of mutually immiscible Ni–Au system are synthesized by electrodeposition method. Here, we incorporate the concept of alloy design into nanowires to effectively engineer and control the magnetic properties of nanowires. Saturation magnetization and coercivity values of as-deposited Ni–Au alloy nanowires strongly correlate with either the phases present or to the dissolution of gold to nickel. The magnetic properties, however, were significantly affected upon annealing, which is correlated with the structural evolution of a weakly magnetic metastable hcp-Ni phase. We report here the detailed investigation on phase transformations in Ni–Au alloy nanowires and their effect on magnetic properties.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.