YSZ-carbonate dual-phase membranes for high temperature carbon dioxide separation
- YSZ-carbonate dual-phase membranes for high temperature carbon dioxide separation
- 안호원; 김대호; Vı´ctor Manuel Aceituno Melgar; 김진수; Mohd Roslee Othman; 응우엔호암빗푹; 한종희; 윤성필
- YSZ; Molten carbonate; Carbon dioxide; Membrane; Permeability
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 20, NO 5, 3703-3708
- A dense yttria stabilized zirconia (YSZ)-carbonate membrane that was impermeable to gas at low temperature became highly permeable to CO2 at temperature above the melting point of the carbonate. The CO2 permeance across the YSZ-molten carbonate dual-phase membrane was observed to be higher than 0.1 x 10- 8 mol/m2/Pa/s at temperature >650 ℃. The movement of ions was promoted at high temperature as YSZ and molten carbonate became highly conductive to oxygen ions and carbonate species, respectively. Addition of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) during preparation of macro-porous YSZ support created interconnected pore structures that were found conducive for carbonate infiltration and integration with the membrane materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.