Hydrogen-induced hardening and softening of Ni-Nb-Zr amorphous alloys: Dependence on the Zr content
- Hydrogen-induced hardening and softening of Ni-Nb-Zr amorphous alloys: Dependence on the Zr content
- Yakai Zhao; 최인철; 석무영; Upadrasta Ramamurty; 서진유; 장재일
- Hydrogen; Amorphous alloy; Mechanical behavior; Nanoindentation
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 93, 56-59
- The influence of absorbed hydrogen on the mechanical behavior of a series of Ni–Nb–Zr amorphous metallic ribbons was investigated through nanoindentation experiments. It was revealed that the influence is significantly dependent on Zr content, that is, hydrogen induced softening in relatively low-Zr alloys, whereas hydrogen induced hardening in high-Zr alloys. The results are discussed in terms of the different roles of mobile and immobile hydrogen in the plastic deformation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.