Thermal analysis of self-heating in saddle MOSFET devices
- Thermal analysis of self-heating in saddle MOSFET devices
- 오현곤; 정철현; 조일환
- MOSFET; self-heating effects; Simulation; saddle structure
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 53, NO 2, 020303-1-020303-3
- The self-heating effects (SHEs) of saddle metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) and gate dimensional impacts on thermal characteristics have been investigated on the basis of a realistic thermal conductivity of silicon and other materials. Thermal characteristics were analyzed by thermal resistance of Si channel. Since Si material has larger thermal conductivity than that of silicon dioxide, it is shown that the length of the side gate of saddle MOSFETs determines heat dissipation of Si channel. Side gate of saddle MOSFETs can be one of the important parameter in device optimization.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.