A Single Camera Tracking System for 3D Position, Grasper Angle, and Rolling Angle of Laparoscopic Instruments
- A Single Camera Tracking System for 3D Position, Grasper Angle, and Rolling Angle of Laparoscopic Instruments
- 신상균; 김영준; 조현철; 이득희; 박세형; 김정현; 김래현
- Computer vision; Laparoscopic surgery; Medical simulation; Tool tracking; Virtual reality
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing
- VOL 15, NO 10, 2155-2160
- Advances in computer vision technology and virtual reality technology have been achieved through improvements in camera performance and computability. Cost-effective simulation systems for laparoscopic surgery are proposed by combining such technologies. In this study, we propose a novel 3D instrument tracking technique using a single camera to obtain the 3D positions,
roll angle, and grasper angle of a laparoscopic instrument. The 3D tracking of the instrument requires that all of the markers are collinear and that the actual distances between markers are known The results of our study show that the minimum uncertainty in the position was 0.237 mm and the maximum uncertainty in the position was 1.476 mm.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.