Magnetic entropy change of V substituted Ni-Mn-Ga Heusler alloy
- Magnetic entropy change of V substituted Ni-Mn-Ga Heusler alloy
- S.G. Min; Y.D. Zhang; L. Malkinski; S.C. Yu; K.W. Lee; 김유찬
- Magnetic entropy; Ni-Mn-Ga alloy
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 105, NO 7, 07A929-1-07A929-3
- The magnetization behaviors have been analyzed for Ni54Mn21−xVxGa25 (x=0,2,4) alloys which were prepared by conventional arc melting method in argon atmosphere. The Curie temperature Tc was found to be 325, 300, and 265 K and the austenitic transitiontemperature TA on heating was found to be 315, 217, and 124 K for x=0, 2, and 4, respectively. The magnetic characteristics were performed with a Quantum Design superconducting quantum interference device magnetometer in the field of up to 20 kOe. A large magnetic entropy change ΔS M , which is calculated from H versus M curves associated with the ferromagnetic-paramagnetic transitions, has been observed. The maximum ΔS M for an applied field of 2.0 T is 2.49, 1.92, and 1.81 J/kg K for x=0, 2, and 4, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.