Heat Treatment of Cu0.9In0.7Ga0.3Se2 Powder Layer with a Mixture of Selenium and Ceramic Powder
- Heat Treatment of Cu0.9In0.7Ga0.3Se2 Powder Layer with a Mixture of Selenium and Ceramic Powder
- 송봉근; 황윤정; 박보인; 이승용; 이재승; 박종구; 이도권; 조소혜
- CIGS solar cell; powder process; selenization; selenium-alumina mixture; grain growth
- Issue Date
- Current Photovoltaic Research
- VOL 2, NO 3, 115-119
- Cu(In,Ga)Se2 (CIGS) thin films have been used as a light absorbing layer in high-efficiency solar cells. In order to improve the quality of the CIGS thin film, often selenization step is applied. Especially when the thin film was formed by non-vacuum powder process, selenization can help to induce grain growth of powder and densification of the thin film. However, selenization is not trivial. It requires either the use of toxic gas, H2Se, or expensive equipment which raises the overall manufacturing cost. Herein, we would like to deliver a new, simple method for selenization. In this method, instead of using a costly two-zone furnace, use of a regular tube furnace
is required and selenium is supplied by a mixture of selenium and ceramic powder such as alumina. By adjusting the ratio of selenium vs. alumina powder, selenium vaporization can be carefully controlled. Under the optimized condition, steady supply of selenium vapor was possible which was evidently shown by large grain growth of CIGS within a thin powder layer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.