Smartphone based 3D PDR System Development and its Performance Analysis in Various Indoor Environment
- Smartphone based 3D PDR System Development and its Performance Analysis in Various Indoor Environment
- 신범주; 이석; 김철기; 김재헌; 기창돈; 이택진
- Indoor navigation; pedestrian dead reckoning; motion recognition; artificial neural network
- Issue Date
- ISGNSS 2014
- A motion recognition-based 3D pedestrian navigation system that employs a smartphone is presented. The sensor axes of a smartphone are changed according to the walking motion of the user because the smartphone is usually carried by hand or kept in the pocket. The walking status is detected using a motion recognition algorithm with sensor measurements from the smartphone. The height information of the pedestrian is also estimated using the onboard barometric pressure sensor of the smartphone. The 3D position, which consists of the 2D position calculated by the PDR and the height information, is provided to the pedestrian. The experimental results demonstrate the performance of the proposed system and reveal a high positioning accuracy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.